A few tips to help you make the most of this open, online textbook:
- Familiarize yourself with the Contents links on the right side of this page. Learn the difference between a unit and the multiple sections within each unit.
- Click the gray triangle ► next to each unit heading to open up the sections within that unit. Click a section title to go directly to that section.
- Click a unit heading to reach the printer-friendly compilation of that entire unit. To print that unit then, simply use your browser’s “Print” command to get a print-optimized edition of the entire unit.
- For reading online, the best way to read is to read each section separately. You can use either the section-specific links in the Contents menu (see above), or use the “Next” and “Previous” links at the top and bottom of every section to move through the sections in sequence.
- Make note of the big white “Search” box above, and note that that is always available. This feature may come in very handy as you work through this material.
- Note the “Recent Changes” link above, also always available. That will show you an automatically-generated list of textbook sections that have been recently revised, so that you can occasionally check there to see if something you already studied has since been revised.
- Make sure you noticed the “Two Things You Will Need to Succeed” described on the “About this Book” “cover” of this book.