In this unit, in the context of simple sentences that involve all four German cases, you will learn how to:
- Identify and translate der-words and ein-words.
- Decide whether a conjugated verb is in present tense or simple-past tense, and use its endings to predict what the corresponding subject must be.
- Locate the infinitive form of a verb in a dictionary given only its simple-past, conjugated form.
- Translate compound nouns, including when they appear in hyphenated lists of related nouns.
- Translate German number formats.