Go to the start of the Desire2Learn Student Orientation.

Desire2Learn Student Orientation:
How to Log In

Step 1: Connect to the Internet, open your browser, and type this URL into the Address bar of your Web browser:

learnuw.wisc.edu

Then press the "Enter" or "Return" key. You will then see a screen which contains - among other things - this choice:

login button choice

Step 2:

Step 3: If you are using a Visitor account, enter your Username and Password where requested in the "Visitor Login" box that will appear, and then click the "Login" button.
visitor login form

Step 4: Consult the Navigation section of this orientation for help once you successfully log in. Otherwise, consult the Where to Get Help section of this orientation.

Your Visitor Username and Password: Passwords are case-sensitive, meaning you must enter them exactly as they appear in the welcome letter or registration confirmation sent to you. Usernames are not case-sensitive.

You can find your Visitor Username and password in the welcome e-mail sent to you by your instructor or online course administrator after you registered for your Division of Continuing Studies online course. Be sure you retain your welcome e-mail for future reference. If you have not received a welcome letter for your course, please contact the registration office where you originally registered.

If you have login problems: After double-checking that you are typing your username and password correctly, try using the "I forgot my Learn@UW Visitor password" link (see illustration in Step 3 above). This tool will let you choose your own new password, at any time of the day or night.

However, if you enter your password incorrectly too many times in a row, you may see a message that you have locked yourself out of your account. You must wait one full minute before you will be allowed to try again.

How to Change Your Password: You can change your own password at any time by using the "I forgot my Learn@UW Visitor password" link at the login screen, as shown in the image above. We encourage you to set a new password immediately after we issue you an account, and then again at least every six months.

Note: To successfully use the "I forgot my Learn@UW Visitor password" tool, you will need to be able to receive, read, and click a link in an e-mail that will be automatically sent to the e-mail address that is stored for you in Desire2Learn. That is normally the address you provided when you registered for your course.

Division of Continuing Studies | UW-Madison